Governance – Academy Council
Cambridge Meridian Academies ‘Trust’ a Multi-Academy ‘Trust’ that established the North Cambridge Academy on 1st September 2013.
The purpose of the Trust reflects the Objects of Cambridge Meridian Academies Trust:
‘high quality educational provision at the heart of the community’
Where every child is a:
- Successful Learner, who enjoys learning, makes progress and achieves;
- Confident Individual who is able to live a safe, healthy and fulfilling life;
- Responsible Citizen who makes a positive contribution to the communities in which they live.
Where the school is a:
- Hub for community activities and a place where people of all ages meet and integrate;
- Centre for extended services for children, families and the community;
- Source of immense pride for the whole community.
The focus of the Cambridge Meridian Academies Trust is upon:
- The strategic direction of the Trust as it responds to local and national demands and policy;
- Efficiency and effectiveness of executive leadership and services across the schools;
- Standards and achievements across the Trust’s schools.
NCA Academy Council (formerly known as Local Governing Body)
The NCA Academy Council is focused upon the individual school contexts, monitoring standards and achievement and their local community needs and aspirations.
- Setting strategic priorities and plans
- Monitoring standards and achievement within the school
- Ensuring Trust policies are implemented
- Engaging with all stakeholders to improve outcomes
- Supporting and positively challenging practices within the Academy, through the School Leadership Team.
North Cambridge Academy’s Academy Chair is Alison Taylor and she can be contacted through the schools reception team: 01223 491500
Academy Council Interests and Attendane Register for January 2018 can be found here: