North Cambridge Academy has adopted the philosophy and practices that have underpinned achievement in our two other partner school.
The school is therefore developing the systems and capacity to ensure that ‘Every child is supported and achieves’. The key elements here are :
- A dynamic curriculum that provides academic and vocational courses to meet the needs of every student including extended certificates in BTEC and traditional GCSE courses.
- High quality teaching and support through our House/Curriculum team structures;
- Effective monitoring of student performance against challenging individual targets currently set using 4 levels of progress as the default key target.
- Robust support systems and flexible and effective intervention programmes. This saw in, 2013-14, 179 pupils accessing intervention programmes in literacy development as well as individualized intervention which is subject specific.
- Click here for a comprehensive guide to NCA curriculum 2017.
The breadth of provision recognises the diversity of intake within a comprehensive school providing:
- A unique LinC2 (literacy in context) programme of study in year 7 where pupils study English, religious studies, geography and history with the same teacher in 15 lessons over two weeks.
- Timely setting of students in core subjects to ensure students are challenged at the right pace;
- A three year GCSE / vocational programme in years 9 – 11. Click here for the option booklet for the current year 8 (2016).
- You can find an overview of the options here: Overview options PowerPoint
- High quality vocational courses with strong links to other schools, colleges and businesses;
- A wide range of extra-curricular activities to both support and extend the core provision;
- Alternative programmes including after-school session 6 activities and cultural experiences with Cambridge Museums
- Leadership opportunities within the House teams and representing the school.
- A comprehensive careers, information advice and guidance programme across all years. Click here for an overview of this programme and links to partnership organisations
To help pupils succeed at the Academy we have a number of online learning partnerships which should never allow pupils to say ‘I don’t have any homework’
- Click here for link to Accelerated Reader programme (helps pupil get in the habit of reading)
- Click here for Vocab Express (Helps pupils with the foreign language acquisition)
We also have the facility for all parents and pupils to view their homework:
Click here to see all homework set for each child.
North Cambridge Academy’s Prospectus and our plan to help close the achievment gap
Please find our prospectus and our plan to help close the achievement gap as downloadable links below:
For more information on the following subjects and curriculum areas please select a choice from below: