Careers Education, Information and Guidance (CEIAG)
Aims and Principles
The five values that underpin the work of the NCA are: Pursuing Excellence, Valuing People, Achievement for All, High Quality Learning and Extending the Boundaries of Learning. In terms of CEIAG provision our aims are therefore to help all students to:
• Realise their full potential in terms of academic, personal and career development
• Understand the full range of employment and further study options open to them and where these lead
• Have the opportunity for a range of experiences, provided both through the NCA and with the aid of employers and other external organisations, that will aid their personal development, skills development and understanding of the world of work which they will be entering
• Be motivated to develop the academic and career-related skills and the high aspirations needed for success
• Present confidently what they have to offer in applications and at interview
The policy for CEIAG underpins all NCA policies relating to equal opportunities, special educational needs and the work related curriculum. All CEIAG activities are subject to the normal safeguarding rules that apply across the NCA.
NCA is committed to providing a high quality careers and work related education programme for all students in all years, taking account of the specific needs of individual students and arranging specialist support where needed.
NCA Information Evening Year 11’s Presentation shown on the 11th of October:
Local Post-16 Open Evening Dates can be found here: http://www.northcambridgeacademy.org/post-16-open-evenings-2017/
Here are some links for useful careers websites:
The National Careers Service website contains over 750 job profiles, and each of them gives you the essential information you need on what the job involves and how to get into it. The site also has a job market information section about the job situation in your local area and you can also talk to an adviser.
The Future Morph website is designed to show 14 – 18 year olds career routes that studying science, technology, engineering and maths can lead to.
Careersbox is a free online library of careers related film, news and information.
The Bright Knowledge site and the Student Calculator are designed to help pupils and young people manage their money and explore education and career options.
U-Explore: CEIAG advice for pupils